Ways to Participate in Random Acts of Kindness Day
February 17, 2021, is officially Random Acts of Kindness Day. Let’s make kindness the norm by helping our community, family, friends, and co-workers. There are plenty of simple and quick ways to brighten someone’s day!
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Check-in with a friend or family member.
- Compliment a loved one.
- Donate old clothes or toys.
- Pay for someone’s order at a drive-through.
- Write positive sticky notes.
- Send a care package to someone you miss.
- Leave a positive review online for a restaurant or small business.
- Hold the door open for someone.
- Be courteous to other drivers.
- Allow someone to get in front of you in line.
- Thank your child’s teacher for their advice and support through distance learning.
- Do a chore you do not normally do at home.
- Give your server a big tip with a note complimenting their service.
- Shovel snow for your older neighbor.
Showing kindness should not just be on this special day. It should be a habit that we all do every day. Whether it is towards friends, family, or strangers, acts of kindness can brighten up someone’s day and encourage them to spread kindness around them as well!