KITM therapist, Amanda Moeller, offered a few ways to survive Valentine’s Day as a single parent.
Valentine’s Day – The holiday is designed to celebrate LOVE. Unfortunately, it’s also a time when many couples realize they are no longer in love with each other. So, how do you get through it?
- Tell your children you love them. Many kids worry that if their parents are able to fall out of love with each other, maybe they will stop loving them, too. Some fun ideas for showing your love…
- Set aside some one-on-one time with them
- Go on a dinner and movie “date” with them
- Make a special meal together (and of course, enjoy it together!)
- Celebrate yourself!
- Take this time to rediscover who you are and what your goals are.
- Be wary of jumping into another relationship right away; it takes time to heal.
- Show yourself some love; you are worth it.
- Go out for ice cream
- Schedule a massage
- Do something just for you
- You are not alone.
- Remember all the people in your life who love you and reach out to them.
You may have to tell them what you need – following a divorce, family and friends often don’t know how to respond.