Thursday, March 12, 2020
To our valued clients,
Your health, welfare, and safety are paramount when you and your family are attending Kids In The Middle (KITM). I wanted to personally reach out to inform you of KITM’s plan in regard to COVID-19, otherwise known as Coronavirus.
We are closely monitoring the guidance of the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention regarding the spread of the virus. KITM also has several physicians on the Board of Directors and Advisory Council that the Agency consults with frequently. Our focus is to ensure we meet our guests needs while doing our part to keep you, our employees, and our community safe.
At this time, there is no cause for concern at KITM however, we will keep you informed if that should change. To be proactive, KITM will continue to monitor the situation and follow the guidelines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to ensure that we have an effective preparedness and management system in place.
Here are some highlights:
• We have heightened the frequency of cleaning of the lobby, all hard surfaces, light switches, group, therapy and art rooms, bathrooms, and any other surfaces or toys that you and your family may have contact with during your time at KITM.
• We have heightened sanitizing stations in our common areas, such as the front desk, lobby and group and therapy rooms.
Here are some tips to help make sure we all stay healthy:
• If you’re feeling even slightly under the weather or you’re running a fever, please stay home.
• Wash your hands after using the restroom and before eating — do so for AT LEAST 20 seconds.
• Use a paper towel to turn off the faucet and open bathroom doors, not your freshly washed hands.
• Avoid touching your face.
• Sneeze or cough into your arm, not your hands.
• Avoid shaking hands and high-fives.
• Avoid drinking from the same cup or bottle as someone else.
As always, the health, safety, and well-being of our clients, our employees and our community is of utmost concern. We continue to monitor this situation and keep you informed of any updates as soon as they become available.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please call KITM’s Director of Operations, Shannon Chervitz at 314-909-9922 ext. 1009.
Chief Executive Officer