COVID-19 Update Regarding Agency Services
To our valued clients,
Kids In The Middle (KITM) places the safety of our clients, guests, and staff as a top priority. Due to the growing concern of the COVID-19 virus, otherwise known as Coronavirus, we feel it is in our client’s best interest to put additional procedures in place to protect the health and well-being of our community.
KITM has put the following action plan in place, effective immediately, to encourage social distancing while providing continuity of services during these unprecedented times.
- KITM will be postponing all group sessions through April 3, 2020. Group services are expected to resume on Monday, April 6, 2020. You and your family’s health and well-being is our priority; clients currently enrolled in group services are encouraged to continue services through Individual therapy sessions with your current group therapist. Your therapist will be reaching out to you to offer that option, but you can also call the office, and someone will assist you in getting scheduled.
- You are welcome to continue coming to the office for non-group services (Individual parent and child, Family, Joint Co-Parenting, etc.).
- KITM will be offering Individual Counseling sessions via telephone for our adult clients. If you are currently enrolled in ongoing therapy services, please note, payment is required before your session. Please call the Agency prior to your appointment to arrange payment for your session.
- We have increased frequency of cleaning, throughout the day and every evening, of any surfaces or toys you and your family may come in contact with at KITM.
- We have increased the number of sanitizing stations in our common areas, such as the front desk, lobby, and therapy rooms.
- KITM’s lobby is closed to any waiting parent/guardian. All of the chairs have been removed and we ask that once you have checked in your family, you return to your vehicle to wait until the session is over.
We understand this may create an inconvenience for you. However, these precautions are in line with the recommendations of the local public health department and the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
Please note: The office will remain open unless otherwise notified by the local public health department or the CDC.
Here are some tips to help make sure we all stay healthy:
- If you’re feeling even slightly under the weather or you’re running a fever, please stay home.
- Wash your hands after using the restroom and before eating — do so for AT LEAST 20 seconds.
- Use a paper towel to turn off the faucet and open bathroom doors, not your freshly washed hands.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Sneeze or cough into your arm, not your hands.
- Avoid shaking hands and high-fives.
- Avoid drinking from the same cup or bottle as someone else.
As always, the health, safety, and well-being of our clients, our employees and our community is of utmost concern. As we continue to monitor this situation, these procedures are subject to change with new recommendations, which we will keep you informed as soon as they become available.
Chief Executive Officer