7 Ways to Start Making Kindness The Norm in Your Life
World kindness day is a global day that promotes the importance of being kind to each other, to yourself, and to the world. Groups and individuals are encouraged to go out of their way to be kind to others wherever they are. It is also a reminder that sometimes it takes only one act of kindness and caring to change a person’s life. This is why it is not only important to celebrate kindness today, but every day.
Here is a list of 7 ways to start making kindness the norm in your life.
- Send an uplifting message to a friend or family member.
- Let someone merge into traffic with a wave and a smile.
- Go out of your way at least once a day to make someone smile.
- Share a compliment with a friend, co-worker, or family member.
- Reach out to a family member or friend that you haven’t spoken to in a while.
- Treat someone to a cup of coffee.
- Pay for someone’s meal behind you in a drive-thru.
Remember, any act of kindness can go a long way in not only someone’s day but their life. Be the reason that someone smiles today!